Lendahand is the proud winner of IEX's 'Crowdfunding Platform of the Year' for the past two years. We are an ambitious and fast-growing crowdfunding platform for impact investing. Our office is located right in the heart of Rotterdam, the liveliest city in the Netherlands.
Our website empowers investors to fight poverty by funding companies and entrepreneurs in emerging markets. Our crowd has made investments in over 20 countries such as Uganda, Mozambique, Georgia, Colombia, and many renewable energy companies, mostly in Sub-Sahara Africa.
Lendahand was started in 2013 in the lobby of a hotel in Utrecht. At that time, we were excited when we first raised €10,000 in a single month. Today, we usually raise over €2,500,000 per month, and we expect to continue this steep growth curve. Our crowd has invested a total of €120,000,000. Our next big hairy audacious goal is to reach 1 billion.
Our team currently consists of 24 people. We are a happy and diverse mix of financial professionals, lawyers, marketers, designers, and developers from 12 different countries.
Currently, we are looking for:
Senior Marketing Manager (France)
Lendahand is looking for an experienced marketing professional to lead us in opening up the French market as our Sr. Marketing Manager for France.
Who we are:
Lendahand is a crowdfunding platform that enables Europeans to invest in growing companies in emerging markets. We have over 10,000 investors currently on our platform, and we’ve facilitated over €120,000,000 in impact investments to date.
You will be responsible for overseeing our intended acquisition of one of the most prominent crowdfunding platforms in France. After the acquisition is complete, your responsibilities will shift towards the growth of Lendahand in the French market, and you will help co-determine and execute Lendahand’s French expansion strategy.
As the Sr. Marketing Manager, you will work directly with the Marketing Director in The Netherlands to develop and execute plans to accomplish our growth objectives in France. You will lead and manage your own team and there will be plenty of opportunity for advancement in your position as our presence in France grows.
You will also work closely with the CEO on some opportunities that may arise outside of the scope of your Sr. Marketing Manager duties.
Who you are:
You are an ambitious and entrepreneurial person with the naivete to think you can change the world and the capability of giving sharp strategic insights. You are a native French speaker who uses English fluently. You thrive in working in an autonomous environment that is highly dynamic, and you don’t mind the occasional trip to Rotterdam.
Plan and manage marketing and communications across channels (media, PR, social, etc.)
Plan and attend events to build LAH brand awareness and create new opportunities for growth
Manage our CSR program, and find and manage new partners, affiliates, and influencers
Oversee and execute ad, content (blog and social), and email creation and optimization in coordination
Oversee the translation and localization of English content into French and ensure website and other content is properly targeted towards our French audience
Cooperative, empathetic and strong interpersonal skills
Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation skills
Experience in managing people
University-level degree in anything (from financial engineering to anthropology)
Willing to semi-frequently travel between Paris and Rotterdam
Experience with and knowledge of the French media landscape
Strong writing and editing skills (French)
Cash Salary: This is where it may sting a bit. As a social enterprise in its scale-up phase, the cash pay is just below market. For this position the expected cash remuneration is EUR 45-50k p.a., depending on your experience.
Stock options: This is where we cheer you up. You will be offered stock options to participate in the success of our company.
An exciting environment with a steep learning curve and loads of responsibilities and ownership.
Flexibility: We don’t really mind where you work and when you work. We are all professionals that are part of an amazing journey and respect each other’s way of getting things done.
Pension scheme: Yes
Work laptop: Yes
If you’re interested in the position, please apply via LinkedIn and send your letter of motivation (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org to explain why you are interested in and why you think you would be a good fit.
Mid-level Ruby Developer
To be considered for this position, we require you to send in your resume and a short cover letter introducing yourself and explaining your interest in the role.
About our development team
Almost 5 years ago we brought the development of our platform in-house. Since then we have made great leaps in modernising and building our platform. We develop mostly using Ruby on Rails and deploy our stack to AWS in a Kubernetes cluster.
We have high test coverage, sharp focus on quality, continuous deployment and modern monitoring and logging tools.
Our development team currently consists of 3 developers and a project manager. We foster a culture of openness and understanding. Our team norms focus on mutual respect, acceptance and equality.
- We ask questions early and take our time to answer them.
- We work together on complex problems.
- We share our success, but also our failures.
What we are looking for:
- You have a minimum of three years of experience as a professional software developer. A strong understanding of Ruby and Ruby on Rails is ideal, but we accept that most skills are transferable between frameworks and languages.
- You have solid knowledge of RESTful API’s.
- Previous experience with AWS, Docker and Kubernetes would be a plus.
- You’re well-versed with Test-Driven Development. You write testable code and clear tests.
- You are happy to think through problems and chat with other developers to come up with the best solution.
- You are a team player and enjoy working with others, including designers, project managers and other stakeholders.
- You’re open to learning about many different aspects of our business.
- You’re excited about Lendahand’s mission.
- You’re fluent in English.
Optionally you have
- Some technical familiarity with fintech, crowdfunding and payment providers.
- Familiarity with agile development and scrum.
What we offer:
- Work in a small team, your voice and work matters.
- A fairly flat company structure. You can chat with anyone in the company.
- Compensation between €40k - €47k p.a. based on experience.
- Stock options package.
- A company laptop and a work-from-home budget which you can spend on a desk, screen, chair or whatever makes your WFH setup better.
- Great office space in the city centre of Rotterdam but also a work from home friendly culture.
- Yearly education budget to be allocated by you.
- The option of a 32-hour week (prorated).
- A fun and flexible environment fostering continuous learning and growth.
So, we’ve kept you hooked until this point and life as a Lendahand Developer seems ideal for your next adventure? Perfect – we’d love to hear from you! Send over your resume and cover letter to email@example.com