Lendahand is the proud winner of IEX's 'Crowdfunding Platform of the Year' for the past two years. We are an ambitious and fast-growing crowdfunding platform for impact investing. Our office is located right in the heart of Rotterdam, the liveliest city in the Netherlands.
Our website empowers investors to fight poverty by funding companies and entrepreneurs in emerging markets. Our crowd has made investments in over 20 countries such as Uganda, Mozambique, Georgia, Colombia, and many renewable energy companies, mostly in Sub-Sahara Africa.
Lendahand was started in 2013 in the lobby of a hotel in Utrecht. At that time, we were excited when we first raised €10,000 in a single month. Today, we usually raise over €2,500,000 per month, and we expect to continue this steep growth curve. Our crowd has invested a total of €120,000,000. Our next big hairy audacious goal is to reach 1 billion.
Our team currently consists of 24 people. We are a happy and diverse mix of financial professionals, lawyers, marketers, designers, and developers from 12 different countries.
Currently, we are looking for:
To be considered for this position, we require you to send in your resume and a short cover letter introducing yourself and explaining your interest in the role.
About our development team
Almost 5 years ago we brought the development of our platform in-house. Since then we have made great leaps in modernising and building our platform. We develop mostly using Ruby on Rails and deploy our stack to AWS in a Kubernetes cluster.
We have high test coverage, sharp focus on quality, continuous deployment and modern monitoring and logging tools.
Our development team currently consists of 3 developers and a project manager. We foster a culture of openness and understanding. Our team norms focus on mutual respect, acceptance and equality.
- We ask questions early and take our time to answer them.
- We work together on complex problems.
- We share our success, but also our failures.
What we are looking for:
- You have a minimum of three years of experience as a professional software developer. A strong understanding of Ruby and Ruby on Rails is ideal, but we accept that most skills are transferable between frameworks and languages.
- You have solid knowledge of RESTful API’s.
- Previous experience with AWS, Docker and Kubernetes would be a plus.
- You’re well-versed with Test-Driven Development. You write testable code and clear tests.
- You are happy to think through problems and chat with other developers to come up with the best solution.
- You are a team player and enjoy working with others, including designers, project managers and other stakeholders.
- You’re open to learning about many different aspects of our business.
- You’re excited about Lendahand’s mission.
- You’re fluent in English.
Optionally you have
- Some technical familiarity with fintech, crowdfunding and payment providers.
- Familiarity with agile development and scrum.
What we offer:
- Work in a small team, your voice and work matters.
- A fairly flat company structure. You can chat with anyone in the company.
- Compensation between €40k - €47k p.a. based on experience.
- Stock options package.
- A company laptop and a work-from-home budget which you can spend on a desk, screen, chair or whatever makes your WFH setup better.
- Great office space in the city centre of Rotterdam but also a work from home friendly culture.
- Yearly education budget to be allocated by you.
- The option of a 32-hour week (prorated).
- A fun and flexible environment fostering continuous learning and growth.
So, we’ve kept you hooked until this point and life as a Lendahand Developer seems ideal for your next adventure? Perfect – we’d love to hear from you! Send over your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Function: Intern within solutions team at Lendahand
Place of work: Eendrachtsplein 3, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Period: 6 months minimum (starting date: rolling application)
Days per week: full-time
- Lendahand is a crowdfunding platform based in the Netherlands that fights poverty on global level by facilitating crowd investments in people and businesses.
- To date, Lendahand has facilitated the investment of more than EUR 150m in various sectors such as solar energy, financial inclusion and agriculture. The current portfolio includes projects in Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, Central and South-Eastern Asia. These investments are estimated to have created almost 10k new jobs and currently reducing more than 200k tonnes of CO2 per year.
- The financing gap to accomplish the UN SDG goals is still very wide. The ambition of Lendahand is to reduce this gap, one investment at the time. In order to do so, the company needs to keep growing its investments horizon while becoming more efficient in its operations.
An internship offers students, apprentices and starters on the labour market the opportunity to learn and gain experience in a working environment. The activities are of an ancillary nature, focus is on learning. The learning objective of this internship will be agreed with the candidate and can include:
- Finding synergies between existing and untapped data, to scope innovative products for the retail crowdfunding market, including a combination of low code and programming tools.
- Development and improvement of new and existing dashboards and reporting methods to showcase Lendahand’s objectives to increase its percentage of Women-Owned businesses in its portfolio through analytical tools such as Power-Bi or similar.
- Market scoping and assessment of new third party tools to improve the speed of the investments and operations processes at Lendahand, to facilitate faster lending towards (women-owned) businesses.
- Research on women-owned businesses in emerging markets. The research can involve scoping the market for potential investments, gathering relevant impact statistics, comparing the performance of a selection of companies with the market average, as well as preparing investment materials for a potential transaction.
- Being on the penultimate year of a BSc/MSc degree or having finished a BSc/MSc degree within the last 12 months of the starting date of the internship
- Strong numeric, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Experience in data analytics and/or ML tools such as pandas, NumPy and Scikit-learn
- Having an interest in the field of finance and an entrepreneurial mentality
- Committed, determined with sharp enthusiasm, drive, and a desire to excel
- Interest in poverty reduction and the potential for double-bottom line benefits (in financial as well as social terms)
Benefits: Approx. 500 euros per month (including holiday pay. Daily travel expenses will be reimbursed)
Contact information: Adriaan Schiphorst; +316 2867 9113; email@example.com